Our Institutions are Highly Regarded
- One of only 3 schools awarded the Healthy School Award in 2017 for its mission to promote healthful, place-based learning on a site with access to 80 percent of the world’s ecosystems (Hawai‘i Preparatory Academy).
- In 2016, ranked as the number 1 most diverse private non-profit university in the US by The Chronicle of Higher Education (Hawai‘i Pacific University).
- Ranked in the top 15% worldwide among research universities (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).
- One of only 32 institutions in the
nation to hold the unique distinction of being a land, sea, and space grant research institution (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).
- Rated by Ryugaku Journal 2017 as the #1 Best Chain School Category, and the Best of Honolulu 2016 ESL School Category (ELS Honolulu).
- The Physics & Astronomy department is ranked in the top 12 in the U.S. (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).
- First university in the world with the distinction of building and launching satellites into space (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).
- Ranked as one of the 20 most innovative law schools in the country according to the U.S. News & World Report (The William S. Richardson School of Law, UHM).
- Geriatric medicine program ranks 18th in the nation and its rural medicine program ranks 22nd according to U.S. News & World Report (The John A. Burns School of Medicine, UHM).
- Ranked 12th for international business and top 25% overall for its undergraduate business program according to U.S. News & World Report (Shidler College of Business).
- In 2016, the Princeton Review rated HPU as among the top colleges in 15 western US States (Hawai‘i Pacific University).